Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Snow

The snow is coming down - bigger flakes, and sticking a bit to the ground and evergreens,  but it's just mostly a "show snow" here - that kind that's wonderful to watch from the window or a warm house, or look up at a street light at,  when walking at night. Apparently it takes more of a REAL snow to amount to much here in Deep Gap.  (But it's really coming down here...!!)

Last evening we went to hear the last lecture in the Darwin series that's been going on this year at ASU....the lecture was interesting but the best part was walking back to the car as the snow swirled around us,  seeing it collecting on emerging tree leaf buds and looking like a mass of white flowers, and the whirling cloud in the lights around the 'Yosef' statue.

My Linus Blanket group for today is cancelled, but Gail from next door just reminded me that tomorrow is the blood drive day at the Hospital.  I hope the roads will be okay, because I'm scheduled to donate at 10:30.  

Only three more days until we go to Chatham County for a few days, and then fly to Paris to see Ariel and Derek!!  It's funny, when we made the reservation it seemed to be a really long way off, but now the time is almost here!  I feel  such a mixture of excitement and nervousness about being there - it's almost 50 years since we lived in France, and although I used to be fluent in French, I certainly am no longer!  The imaginings I have of seeing all the wondrous sights there are tinged with worry about the actual getting there.  The French phrase book I ordered was sent to our Chatham address (my mistake!) so I haven't been able to do the studying up that I'd hoped to do.  I guess that Monday I should be able to collect it from the p.o.  I can hardly wait to see Ariel and Derek, and will just have to push past my (typical) fears.  That's what you get for being born in the Year of the Chicken, eh....

Today is Pammy's  appointment with the ENT doctor there in Omaha;  I hope that she learns that she's making good progress following the ear surgery she had!!  She's had enough 'stuff' happen to her and needs a long spell of good things.




No comments:

Wishing to walk the Labyrinth

Wishing to walk the Labyrinth